|Baked Oatmeal, healthy fast food.|
I don't know about you but I have New Year traditions and always make New Year Resolutions. This year, like many, I am resolving to eat healthier and continue to get in shape. The girls and I have not been planning when it comes to meals as much and we have not been exercising near as often as we should. To combat that I purchased myself a Fitbook to track all of my food intake and exercise.
For the family I decided we needed to start eating a healthier breakfast, even if that means something to go. That is where these easy and tasty Baked Oatmeal Muffins come in.
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients. Place in greased or lined muffin tin and bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes. We had enough batter for 12 regular and 12 mini muffins.
These could not be easier to make or easier to adjust. Add dried fruit or fresh for a tasty variation. We like them with a little peanut butter and cocoa powder as well. After they have cooled you can freeze any that don't get eaten right away and save them for another rushed morning.
|More getting healthy.|
Let's see how the #SundaySupper team is going to celebrate:
- Snowman Eggnog Pancakes from Shockingly Delicious
- Baked Oatmeal from In The Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding from girlichef
- Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Popcorn from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Moroccan Cigars from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Baked Camembert with Caramel and Pecans from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pancetta & Goat Cheese Crostinis from Country Girl in the Village
- New Year’s Brezel from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Glazed Snickerdoodle Bars with Walnuts from Pies and Plots
- Champagne Shrimp and Pasta from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Minestrone Any Way from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pecan-Crusted Rainbow Trout from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Mushroom Risotto from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Zapiekanka (Polish ‘pizza’) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Hoppin’ John for Good Luck from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Italian Vegetable Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella and Prosciutto from Family Foodie
- Black-Eye Pea and Greens Casserole and Wine Pairings from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Candied Bacon Bourbon Bloody Mary from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut & Pretzel Bark from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Cherry Almond Blondies from Mess Makes Food
- Apricot Fizz from Magnolia Days
- Celebration Mimosas from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Dark Chocolate Cake Doughnuts from What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Cronuts from No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Spiced Cranberry Apple Crisp from Neighborfood
- Blood Orange Mimosas from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.