We found this pin for Italian One Pot and can not get over how simple, tasty, and healthy it is. Versatile is also a good way to describe it. In order to truly demonstrate how easy it is to make I helped Audrey shoot a video to demonstrate.
Audrey had so much fun making this first video of ours, you really need to watch.
Here is the recipe:
- 4 cups water or broth
- 1 28 oz container of chopped tomatoes, liquid included
- 16 oz fettechini or spaghetti noodles broken in half
- 2-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 oz frozen spinach or chopped and steamed equivalent (kale works as well)
- 1 tsp of each basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary
- 1 small can mushrooms or 8 oz chopped, cooked
- 15 oz can beans, drained and rinsed (we like black beans)
Place everything in the biggest pot you have. We used our corn cooking pot. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until most of the liquid incorporated, stirring every 3-4 minutes. Stir and serve with fresh or frozen fruit.
Dinner, fast, cheap, easy, tasty.