|She has an apron on!|
The holidays are a great time to get the kids in the kitchen. You might think I am crazy with all that is going on during this time of year but I promise, kids can help.
This holiday we are heading to Milwaukee to spend the last holiday with my in-laws at their current home. They are putting the home on the market and we will likely never have another gathering there.
Every holiday I learn more about the traditions my husband enjoyed growing up. The girls usually get curious about the activity and head into the kitchen. Since my in-laws were the first to invite Audrey to help they are always accommodating.
I am not certain what the girls will be helping with this holiday but I am sure it will be enjoyable. There is so much young helpers can do to help and feel a sense of accomplishment.
- Set the table. Have them help with non-breakable items like flatware and napkins.
- Help with salads. Tear lettuce, add ingredients, and tossing are all easy tasks.
- Mash the potatoes. Fun for the kids just make sure to get the potatoes out of the hot pan.
- Stir the ingredients for pies. Pumpkin is so easy for the kids to make.
- Help with the stuffing. Kids love to stir, let them help mix.
These are just a few tips on how to get your kids in the kitchen this holiday. Make this a new holiday tradition!