This Tuesday we are getting on a jet plane and heading to the much cooler climate of the Land of 10,000 Lakes. We go every year and this one is no exception. Last year Audrey fell in love with a dairy cow named Cocoa at the Becker County Fair. She has hopes of seeing her friend again.
Before we head out on a multi-hour trip with a plane change in the Twin Cities with only one parent (me) we will be making a few kid friendly snacks. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Granola Bars. Always a kid-friendly snack. We love this recipe as it is versatile.
- Trail Mix. This is another versatile food. Add your favorite ingredients. My girls pick out the M&Ms first.
- No Bake Energy Bites. These are my favorite. I love the peanut butter taste!
- Baked Oatmeal, To Go! A fun, hearty food that can be a simple breakfast or tasty snack. So full of good for you ingredients.
- Peanut Butter Bread. Can you tell how much we love peanut butter? This recipe is simple and very peanutty.
What are your favorite travel foods? We get so tired of paying $4 for water and $5 for yogurt.
|Audrey visiting with Cocoa.|