I am away for a few days and decided to have the girls help me make a few dinners to throw in the oven for simple yet healthy meals. When I attended #TypeACon last year the girls ate fast or processed food the entire time I was gone. There is no guarantee that will not happen again this year but there is a better chance with healthy meals ready to cook.
Here are five of our favorite make ahead dinners for when you want to leave the kitchen!
- Tomato, Basil & Cheese Pasta. This is a dish from a Rachael Ray Cookbook, Cooking Rocks! for young children. We love this dish.
- Daddy's Favorite Lasagna. We shared this yesterday. Every time we make this meal the girl's daddy thanks us for all of our work in the kitchen. He loves it.
- Mini Spaghetti Pies. These are easy to make ahead and then reheat. We made a lot of these while the girl's daddy was away recently with the military. So simple to make, freeze, and reheat.
- Muffin Tin Meatloaf. This dish is just like the Spaghetti Pies, yummy and simple. We make these a lot.
- Pork Roast. I left this dish in the slow cooker yesterday morning before I left. We have this a lot because I love how delicious it is with so little effort.
We would love to hear what is your favorite Make-Ahead Dinner. This Sunday we will also be sharing another great dish for those moments when you want dinner ready for the oven. Check back with us for #SundaySupper.
|Time to make the meatloaf.|