We have been waiting for winter for a while. While we did not get winter today we did get rain with the hopes of a little snow tomorrow. Winter is a good time for casseroles. We love to toss everything into a 9 x 13 or a slow cooker and come back later to a tasty meal. Here are five of our favorites:
- Spicy Black Bean Corn Casserole. This is yummy and easy. The girls like the corn bread topping best.
- Pork Chop Casserole. We recently discovered this fabulous meal and now have it around twice a month. Add green beans to make it a complete meal.
- Tomato, Basil, and Cheese Baked Pasta. A fun dish from Rachael Ray. Hard to go wrong with her meals.
- Baked Omelet. This loosely falls into the casserole category but it is a simple and versatile meal. The girls love cracking the eggs and picking ingredients.
- Baked Ham and Eggs. Another simple egg dish. We love this one because it calls for a lot of yummy cheese.
Give one of these fabulous one-dish meals a try sometime soon. They can even be made up the day before and heated up before dinner. This is great for nights when you want to go swimming at the indoor pool before dinner. That is what we like to do on Friday nights.
|Audrey cracking her big Eggland's Best Egg.|