With the new year it seems we must all make resolutions for change. Our changes are the same we have always been working toward: healthy eating. To this end I am working on better menu planning. Here is a start.
- Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, strawberries
- Lunch - Muffin Tin Monday
- Dinner - Homemade Mac 'n Cheese, Steamed Green Beans
- Breakfast - cereal, dried fruit
- Lunch - quesadilla, banana
- Dinner - Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich, Strawberry Salad, Brown Sugar Carrots
- Breakfast - Sausage and Cheese Muffins, grapes
- Lunch - Pizza Faces, carrot and celery sticks
- Dinner - Tuna Hotdish, Peas, Apple Salad
- Breakfast - Bagels, clementines
- Lunch - Banana Dogs, apple slices
- Dinner - Pork Stir Fry, Broccoli and Cauliflower, Brown Rice
- Breakfast - Breakfast Burritos, strawberries and grapes
- Lunch - PB&J, cucumbers
- Dinner - Leftovers
- Breakfast - Cereal, yogurt, clementines
- Lunch - Goldfish Sandwiches, dates and grapes
- Dinner - Hawaiian Pizza
- Breakfast - Instant Oatmeal (Chop Chop), bananas
- Lunch - Nibble Tray (fruit and veggies)
- Dinner - Chicken Baked Samm, Broccoli & Cheese, Apple Salad
Most of these meals the girls can assist with in some way. It makes me happy to have so much I can share with my girls.
We have started drinking water with our lunches and snacks. All days include snacks we just have not gotten to the point where we plan them. Maybe soon. Right now we usually just grab some pretzels, fruit or veggie sticks.
I hope your new year is full of hope and happiness.
|Audrey and Maurene January 2011.|