|Making Popcorn Soup.|
With the weather turning a little cooler recently we have started pulling out our soup recipes. Soups are fun ways to get a lot of good ingredients into one bowl. And the girls love making them. However, with any liquid and young children, they can be messy. Be prepared but enjoy!
- Monster Soup. This amazing recipe tastes like guacamole soup. For the grown ups I make sure to add tortilla strips to the top and a little chopped tomato.
- Stone Soup is a current favorite. The best parts about this recipe are the literature tie-in and the versatile ingredient list.
- Split Pea Soup. I have to admit, this one is hit and miss. Sometimes they eat it and other times it is not the best received meal. But we have it several times during the winter as I love it. Best after the holidays with the leftover ham bone.
- Apple Soup. This one goes really well with grilled cheese sandwiches. We have this more in the fall but it is a great winter soup as well.
- Popcorn soup. This is usually a corn based soup but since the best part is the addition of popcorn at the table you could use any base. Give the popcorn trick a try as it is fabulous. The girls love to hear it sizzle into the soup.
What are your favorite child-friendly soups? We could always use more for our rotation.