|If You Give a Cat a Cupcake|
Audrey and Maurene love to read. It is an activity they come by naturally as their father and I read voraciously. Since we have been cooking they have been drawn to books about food as well as their regular favorites. Here is a short list of five of their favorites:
- Charlie and Lola's I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato. This book is fabulous. It is about a picky eater and how her older brother tricks her into trying new foods.
- The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food. Audrey loves how the bears learn about healthy eating. I think she really relates to Brother and Sister Bear.
- Stone Soup. Audrey loved this book so much she had a Stone Soup birthday party. All of her friends brought a vegetable to share.
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake. One of my friends gave Audrey this book and stuffed cat for her second birthday. She loves that stuffed animal and keeps it on her lap as we read the story. And then the girls love to make cupcakes. Usually we make muffins and I tell them they are cupcakes.
- The Rainbow Bunch. This is a great story about children who do not eat healthy and feel poorly. When they eat by the rainbow they feel better and are happy. Audrey loves rainbows and loves to read this book.
What are your favorite books about food? We would love more great books to read.