The holiday season is here and, at least for us, that means cookie time. We participated in a cookie swap this week so our house has been full of baking and goodies. Audrey's daddy claimed it was torture for us to bake and not let him have any of the final product. We shared one, the rest were for our swap! Here is a list of some of our favorite cookies that we make most of the time. There are even a few healthy ones in our list.
- Breakfast Cookies. These got there name from the fact that we were working on a healthy, to-go breakfast item when we received this recipe. They are especially good for times when you are craving something sweet but do not want to consume too much sugar. These cookies only contain natural fruit sugars.
- Spritz Cookies. A Paternal holiday treat. The girls first learned to make this recipe with their grandfather.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. A standard recipe but one we love. You can use different dried fruit to change up the flavor.
- Sugar Cookies. Another simple and versatile recipe. I love freezing a batch of these to bake up whenever the mood strikes us.
- Fruit & Nut Ice Box Cookies. This is the recipe we made for our cookie swap. It garnered rave reviews. I like that there are more additions than batter. Even though it is slightly healthier I still have to watch how many I consume. They are addictive! ( I was not able to find a link to this recipe on the web and we have not posted it yet. Hope to soon!)
When you are looking for a simple cookie recipe to make with the little ones you should try one of these. They are toddler tested and mother approved!
|Fruit & Nut Ice Box Cookies.|
|Taking turns with the mixer.|