This has been an amazing year in the lives of Audrey and Maurene. So much has happened and the girls have grown so much. But, I can imagine, it will be that way every year until they leave us for college.
As I look back through the year of cooking with Audrey and Maurene I am shocked by how much they have grown. Join me, in a look into the past year:
- January - Load/Unload the Dishwasher. A great post about other ways children can help in the kitchen. With an adorable picture of Mo standing on the dishwasher lid.
- February - Happy Valentine's Day Zucchini Cupcakes. Amazing cupcakes that have some good for you ingredients inside.
- March - Fauxfredo. An instant family favorite. Tasty, healthy, and made with cauliflower! You must try it to see if your family enjoys it as much as ours.
- April - What's For Breakfast? A look at fun ways to include your children in this important first meal of the day.
- May - Pineapple Not-Upside-Down Muffins. A favorite recipe, sweet with a little bit of healthy ingredients.
- June - Green Drops from Greenland. A wonderful post about a wonderful book that convinced Audrey to try peas. She liked them, still does.
- July - Becker County Fair. The place Audrey met and fell in love with a three year old dairy cow named Cocoa. She still talks about her.
- August - Can I Help? Great ways to get your helper in the kitchen with you without you going crazy. Or having batter spill on the floor. It's happened.
- September - Cereal Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. I had cereal leftovers and I wanted to use them up. This is the recipe I invented to make it happen. Turned out really good.
- October - If You Take a Mouse to School. The girls love this book and so we cooked up cute little turkey mice and decorated them. The recipe is from Weight Watchers and is so yummy.
- November - Stone Soup. A great story that encourages sharing and working together. Audrey loved it so much we made it the theme of her birthday.
- December - Fruit and Nut Ice Box Cookies. I find myself longing for these cookies for the last few weeks. I decided not to make them again soon as I have no place to take them. Oh so yummy! And with lots of dried fruit and nuts!
|Pouring her own milk.|
|Learning to chop.|