- A food processor or blender. I prefer the food processor but that might be because my blender is not top of the line. Come to think of it, neither is my food processor. We need to get a sponsor for a really nice food processor as well. Some one get on that. If you read our blog regularly you will see that we love our food processor. It is cheap and just about to crack into 50 pieces. Really. But we still use it 3-4 times a week.
- A flexible cutting board. I purchased a set of 4 at Bed, Bath & Beyond about 4 years ago. We use these 3-4 times a day. They are light-weight and flexible so they fit anywhere. If you place one under your work station it can act as a mess shield making clean up easier. They are also fabulous for helping little ones get ingredients into a pot or bowl.
- A basic butter knife. We have kids knives but find that we can use a butter knife for most jobs that toddler and preschool children can do. They are just as safe as children's knives and do not require an extra purchase. If you do want to get a child's knife we recommend Curious Chef Knives. They have great handles and are made really well.
- Some glass baking dishes with glass lids. We use these in the oven and in the microwave. They make cooking easy regardless of which method you choose. The girls got me a set for my birthday this year and we have used them non-stop every since. We have even been know to do our mixing in them instead of a separate bowl before baking. I just love baking in glass.
- A few small baking sheets. We love our small bar pans from Pampered Chef. They are fun for little pizzas and baking potatoes. I like the fact that the girls can make one small sheet of cookies and we do not have a pan that is too big for them to work with. The Pampered Chef pans are fabulous because they are ceramic and bake so much better. I still have a few metal baking sheets but I only use them if my others are dirty.
|Mo's favorite gadget.|
|A flexible cutting board.|
|A good butter knife.|
|A glass baking dish.|
|A small baking sheet.|