From 30 Healthy Things to Cook and Eat by Usborne.
Oven Baked Omelet
To make an omelet for 4 people, you will need:
2 medium-sized potatoes
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
5 medium eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
a pinch of salt and of ground black pepper
a shallow 8-9 inch ovenproof dish
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- To grease the dish, wipe a paper towel in a little butter. Then, wipe butter all over the inside of the dish.
- Peel the onion. Cut it in half, then slice it finely. Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Slice them thinly, then chop them.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini. Cut in half, then into strips. Cut the strips into small pieces. Then, peel the clove of garlic.
- Heat the oil and butter on low heat, until the butter melts. Then, add the onion and potatoes. Cook them for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and crush the garlic into the pan. Gently heat the pan for 5 minutes more, to soften the vegetables.
- Take the pan off the heat and spoon all the vegetables into the dish. Then, break the eggs into a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs with a fork, then add the milk, seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir everything together really well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Then, bake the omelet for 40 minutes, until it is set and golden brown.
- Push a knife into the middle of the omelet. If runny egg comes out, cook it for 5-10 minutes more. Cut it into pieces.