- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, trimmed of fat
- 2/3 cup of your favorite chunky salsa
- Juice of 1/2 lime or 1 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese or 3 slices white cheddar of mozzarella cheese
Spray the inside of the crock with nonstick cooking spray, and arrange the chicken breast in the crock. Pour the salsa over the chicken and drizzle the lime juice over top. Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through. The chicken will make its own juice as well. Sprinkle or lay the cheese over each breast, cover and let stand 10 minutes before serving, to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.
- Place chicken in crock
- Pour salsa and wine on top
- Cover and turn on
- Gather ingredients
- Assist Audrey
This would be a great dish for those who enjoy a good salsa. Give it a try and see what you think. For some reason I cannot locate any pictures from this meal. That may be because I did not take any. I will keep looking.